United States Military Housing Assistance Fund is so grateful to the soldiers of the United States who protect our freedom and country. Thank you for your service. Happy Veterans Day from Military Housing Assistance Fund! Below are 10 quotes we love about freedom and America.
United States Military Housing Assistance Fund Top 10 Quotes on Freedom
In Commemoration of Our Veterans
- “So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none.
When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.
Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools
and robs the spirit of its vision. When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.” -Tecumseh
- “He who is brave is free.” -Seneca
- “Freedom is the last, best hope of earth.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.” -Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “We lose ourselves when we compromise the very ideals that we fight to defend. And we honor those ideals by upholding them not when it’s easy, but when it is hard.” -President Barack Obama
- “We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we will always be free.” -Ronald Reagan
- “Freedom is not the right to do what we want, but what we ought. Let us have faith that right makes might and in that faith let us; to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.” -John F. Kennedy
- “Surround yourself with people who take their work seriously, but not themselves, those who work hard and play hard.” -General Colin Powell
- “Liberty, according to my metaphysics is a self-determining power in an intellectual agent. It implies thought and choice and power.” -President John Adams