Satisfaction is our goal with every one of our clients. We work with them to answer all their questions, and through our special network, we make sure they get gift funds to cover closing costs.
I wanted to send you all a great Big Thanks! For really all the hard work you did to help one of my dreams come true. Words cannot express the feeling of gratitude to you all. I promise you, you will not be forgotten. Everyone in the MHAF team and network, you all are very much appreciated I know my case was not easy but you did a very good job with “holding my hand” through it all.
The whole experience was at times stressful but it was made easier knowing that when I would call you would be there to answer my questions and clarify things for me. MHAF, you’ve got a Terrific team.
On a day when I just sit and pause for a moment, maybe sitting on my porch, I will think of everyone involved that help home ownership for me happen. I will always be eternally grateful to you all!
On behalf of myself and my family I wish you well in all that you do and may you all experience a lifetime of good health, prosperity, and happiness.
Very Truly Yours,
Here at Military Housing Assistance Fund, Labor Day is very close to our heart. We are honored to have helped so many hard-working active duty and veteran military service members around the country and make available to them our low-cost mortgage program that covers their closing costs.
So to celebrate the occasion we wanted to bring you some little-known facts about this great American holiday:
- The first celebrated US Labor Day was on Tuesday, September 5, 1882 in New York City, planned by the Central Labor Union.
- 10,000 workers marched from City Hall all the way to 42nd Street and then met with their families in Wendel’s Elm Park for a picnic, concert, and speeches.
- Oregon was the first state to celebrate Labor Day as a legal holiday in 1887.
- The decision to make Labor Day the first Monday of September was approved on June 28, 1894.
- Labor Day started as a part of the labor union movement, to recognize the contributions of men and women in the US workforce, but modernly is seen as a chance to celebrate the last weekend of summer.
- Americans worked 12-hour days seven days a week during the 19th century!
- The Adamson Act was passed on September 3, 1916 to establish an eight-hour work day.
- Historians say the expression “no white after Labor Day” comes from when the upper class would return from their summer vacations and stow away their lightweight, white summer clothes as they returned back to school and work.
- There is still a Labor Day parade in New York City, which takes place throughout the 20 blocks north of the 1882 labor march.
We do our best to honor our active duty service members and veterans who are so dedicated to their country. For many of the folks we have worked with, they wouldn’t have been able to get into a home without the help of our dedicated professionals.
To learn more call 720-932-8249 or email us.
We love to hear from the families we are helping to put into homes. This one comes from a decorated war veteran who suffers from PTSD. He wrote us to show his appreciate for our team.
Hello again MHAF,
The overall process of buying a home can be tremendously stressful and intimidating, at least for me that is. I have endured many horrible experiences during multiple tours in Iraq that have left me dealing with severe PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, and Depression. I don’t normally share this information but I’m sharing this with because I don’t think I could handle the stress of this process without the MHAF team you have assigned to assist me. My realtor and lender have been an amazing help. All of you in this MHAF have been wonderful. My wife, my two young boys, and I are forever grateful. Thank you for everything you have done so far.
Your time is sincerely appreciated.
We love to hear from the families who we have been able to help through our program. Below, you will see a heartwarming testimonial from a disabled veteran who was able to purchase a home thanks to our military housing assistance program.
“To start me and my wife didn’t think we would be able to own our own home. Being that I am disabled on a monthly income, funds were tight. I even consider renting until my wife came across MHAF. From the start they were up front and honest about the process and was there for any questions or concerns that we had. All parties involved when we were going through this process was very friendly and stayed on top of any situations that came up. My kids and wife are happy now that we own our first home. We would like to thank the entire team from MHAF, the lending team from Prime lending, And Theresa Friend from Remax Elite you all have done a terrific job.”
The Correa Family
I just wanted to send a quick email thanking you all for the help in getting a home. It was, for the most part, an easy and painless experience. Much better than I thought it would be. I think that has a lot to do with you all.
We finally saw the house in person yesterday and are beyond excited to be home owners! Thanks for everything. We hope we were not too annoying with our questions, and if we were you guys never showed that it bothered you. Super professional and it was appreciated.
Thanks again. I will be recommending all of you to any of my friends in the future when they are looking for a home.
The Burns family