Due to advances in technology, the world is more connected than ever before. Social media allows direct access to celebrities, politicians, and the military. To help you stay connected to the military, here is our list of the top 26 military bases to follow on Twitter. You can also see the list on the USMHAF twitter account.
At Military Housing Assistance Fund, we are delighted every time a soldier returns home safe and sound to be with their family. To honor our soldiers and to share the joy we feel with you, every Tuesday we will share one of our favorite welcome home videos. This Tuesday an airwomen surprises her son at his basketball game. His reaction is priceless.
Music can be very powerful and create an emotional attachment. The songs we chose for the top 10 best military songs are no different. Laugh, cry, be inspired and enjoy the top 10 best songs for military.
1. These Colors Don’t Run – Iron Maiden. Not your first thought for a military song, but these colors don’t run is a metal ballad for soldiers.
2. Soldier Boy – The Shirelles. A classic love song. Can’t go wrong withalmost three minutes of a women professing her love for a far-away solider
3. American Soldier – Toby Keith. A tribute to all of our servicemen and women.
4. Ballad of the Green Beret – Staff Sergeant Barry Sadler. The only song on the list written by someone on active duty, Ballad of the Green Beret was the best selling single of 1966.
5. Born on the Bayou – Creedence Clearwater Revival. A legendary American rock song that every soldier can enjoy.
6. Letter From Home – John Michael Montgomery. The story of a soldier’s life overseas.
7. Hero of War – Rise Against. A song written to reflect the experience of troops far away from home.
8. Born to Be Wild – Steppenwolf. An attitude that military members can related to.
9. Travelin Soldier-Dixie Chicks. A tale about a soldier who maintains correspondence with a young girl during war time.
10. Courtesy of the Red, White, & Blue (The Angry American) – Toby Keith. A song aboutfaith and patriotism in the USA.